THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT WHEN ACTIVATING CAMPAIGNS
Following the enlistment of Momentum’s Nonsense London, the team was tasked with developing community management guidelines and implementing them through the 2020 #JoyfulJanuary campaign for Hartley’s UK. The campaign was designed to highlight the new 10Cal range from Hartley’s through the use of influencer marketing and community engagement – with Momentum at the forefront of it all!
WHAT IS COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT?
“Community management is listening & engaging with your audience on social media, bringing your brand to life”
CM contains four parts:
- Monitor: listen and track to what people say about your brand
- Engage: when and how should you engage with your consumers
- Moderate: moderate consumer complaints, spam and toxic conversations
- Measure: analyse your community management through the feedback of consumers or the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
What is the role of the Community Manager?
- Be a brand representative
- Build relationships
- Communicate the brand’s personality
- Listen & engage with the audience
- Loyalty with existing customers & reach new customers
Throughout the campaign, Momentum monitored Hartley’s 10-cal social media, responding to all-digital community engagements, while managing the delivery of both influencer and celebrity content daily. With a huge total spend behind the campaign, it was vital to have a bulletproof crisis comms plan in place, alongside an engaging tone-of-voice. By the end of the campaign, Momentum managed the project for a total of five weeks, overseeing a total of 70 influencers and responded to over 400+ comments respectively.